It is the school of choice in the Maidstone area and is the most over-subscribed school in Kent. The school has been rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. The students are friendly, well behaved and have a thirst for learning.
As a Foundation Learning Teacher, your responsibilities will be:
- To plan and prepare lessons.
- To teach students in Years 7-11 at SEN with Support and with Statements of SEN or an Education, Health and Care Plan on an individual and small group basis.
- To keep accurate records of the content of work.
- To monitor individual student progress and provide additional intervention where individuals have difficulty achieving expected outcomes.
- To work with subject leaders to provide support for identified students in the classroom.
In order to be successful in the Foundation Learning Teacher role, you must:
- Have Qualified teacher status
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Hold an up to date DBS
- Experience of teaching students with a range of learning and behaviour difficulties associated with specific learning difficulties.
- Knowledge of current developments in special educational needs, an understanding of effective assessment strategies and an awareness of wider educational issues.
The school will offer the successful Foundation Learning Teacher:
- Supportive and friendly team to work with
- Excellent rates of pay in line with your experience from £27000 to £35000
- Yearly review with realistic targets to ensure career and salary progression
- Work within their thriving and friendly Foundation Learning Department
- CPD’s regular training
If you are interested in this Foundation Learning Teacher role, please apply with an up to date CV.