The school offers a supportive and friendly environment for both student and staff. The teachers are enthusiastic and highly committed to the children through their time at the school. The students are active learners and show respect for others around them.
We are working with a school who are looking for a SENCO to join their team. This role is to start in September, however the school will offer an earlier date if the chosen SENCO is available. As a SENCO, your responsibilities will be:
• Co-ordinate and develop the strategic direction and provision of inclusive education within the school.
• Advise the Heads of School on their statutory responsibilities and the resources required to maximise inclusion.
• To work effectively with the Headteacher and SLT to achieve SEN excellence
• Co-ordinate the work programmes of staff assigned to work with either individuals or groups of pupils with SEMH
You may have a class teaching commitment and carry out the professional duties of a class teacher, teaching all areas of the primary curriculum.
To be successful in the SENCO role, you must:
• Have strong experience of the new SEND Code of Practise
• Have the ability to lead staff in developing their knowledge and expertise in working with SEN Children
• Be experienced in working with pupils with a range of different abilities and needs
• Have good management and organisational skills and experience of leading/managing other staff
• Hold an up to date DBS
The school will offer the successful SENCO:
• Supportive and friendly team to work with
• Pension contribution
• Continuing professional development
• Beautiful grounds and excellent resources
If you are interested in this SENCO role, please apply with an up to date CV.