SEN Teaching Assistant with BSL Level 3
Rikama Education are currently looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant with BSL Level 3 to work in the Sevenoaks area, your day to day duties will include:
• Working alongside children with PMLD and PD
• Assisting teachers with the maintenance of student records
• Using moving and handling, such as hoisting
• Assisting students with their educational and social development on a 1:1 and group basis
• Using BSL at level 3 to help communicate with students 1:1
To be considered for this exciting SEN Teaching Assistant with BSL Level 3 role, you will need the following experience:
• Moving and Handling qualification in Hoisting
• Level 3 within BSL – British Sign Language
• Worked with students with physical disabilities
• Hold an up to date DBS for both children and adult and valid passport
• Worked with student’s families to make sure every pupil is valued, challenged and supported
Our client is looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant with BSL Level 3 Assistant to join a busy yet welcoming and friendly team. They are a 4-19 Special School for children & young people with physical disabilities or complex medical needs. The school has an extremely large site with high quality teaching, social care and health care facilities. A staff team of over 200 people provides specialist teaching, social care, therapies and nursing care to an exceptionally high standard. Our client are a foundation special school who are part of the Kent SEN Trust, which is a co-operative trust of ten schools working together to improve outcomes for all the children and young people attending the school. In 2008 the school became a specialist Sports College and this status plays a significant role in raising student’ achievements and their participation in high quality physical education and sport.
If you are interested in applying to this SEN Teaching Assistant with BSL Level 3 role, please click apply now below.