Rikama Education are currently looking for a DEPUTY SENCO to work in a mainstream primary in a complex needs centre provision within the Thamesmead area, your day to day duties will include:
• Assist in the leadership of learning support staff
• To assist the SENCO in leading the provision for special educational needs within school, liaising with the Headteacher as required
• To manage appropriate SEND resources and to ensure that they are used efficiently, effectively and safely
• To develop curriculum resources to ensure that pupils with SEND have the necessary levels of support
• To support the SENCO in sustaining the effective teaching of pupils with SEND across the school leading to high quality outcomes
To be considered for this exciting DEPUTY SENCO role, you will need the following experience:
• QTS as a head teacher or acting head
• Leading and managing staff confidently
• Developing staff and resources within the school
• Initiating and developing approaches in the classroom
• Strategic planning for responsibilities and duties
Our client is looking for a DEPUTY SENCO to join a friendly, warm and welcoming environment. Our client is committed to inclusion and part of an academy’s strategic planning involving developing cultures, policies and practices that include all learners. Them aim to produce a sense of community and belonging as well as offering new opportunities to learners who could have experience previous difficulties. They do not treat all learners in the same way, but will respond to them in certain ways to take in account their varied life experiences and needs.
If you are interested in applying to this DEPUTY SENCO role, please click apply now below.