We are currently working with the school who are looking for a Geography Teacher to join their team. The role is to start September 2019 on a permanent basis.
This school strive to maintain high standards across the department which were reflected in the February 2016 External Geography Inspection, where the department was rated Good’ and all teaching rated Good’ or Outstanding’. Department meetings take place regularly throughout the year allowing staff to share good practice and support one another in order to maintain high standards and to raise them even further. In 2017 GCSE A*-C results in Geography were 58% and at A2 100% A-C.
Your responsibilities as a Geography Teacher will be:
• Geography – compulsory at KS3, optional at KS4 and 5
• At KS4 we follow the new 9-1 AQA specification
• At KS5 we follow the Edexcel specification
• Marking and planning for all lessons
• Maintaining and improving the academic results of their students
• Responsible for conduction ad-hoc meetings and structured parents’ evenings with parents/guardians/carers
• Classroom management
In order to be successful in the Geography Teacher role, you must:
• Hold an up to date DBS
• Have experience as a Geography Teacher teaching up to A Level
• Work well with staff and pupils alike
• Have strong knowledge of the KS3, KS4 and KS5 curriculum
• Hold relevant teaching qualifications (Bachelor of Education / PGCE / QTS)
The successful Geography Teacher will be offered:
• Excellent rates of pay in line with your experience from £120-£160 per day on supply or £28000-£38000 per annum on permanent
• Supportive and friendly team to work with
• A friendly consultant on hand whenever needed
• An excellent referral scheme
• Yearly review with realistic targets to ensure career and salary progression
• Regular training to enhance and grow your skills
If you are interested in the Geography Teacher role, please apply with an up to date CV.