This school works with children with profound, severe and complex learning needs, many of whom are on the Autistic Spectrum. The school provides its students with a happy learning environment, giving them a positive attitude towards their work, helping them thrive and progress.
We are working with the school to help them find SEN Teaching Assistants to start in September. The roles are to start of supply for 6 months then go permanent. As a SEN Teaching Assistant, your responsibilities will be supporting pupils under the direction of the class teacher in a KS2 class with children who have ASD. This could be either as a general Teaching Assistant or on a 1:1 basis working.
To be successful in the SEN Teaching Assistant role, you must:
• Hold and up to date DBS
• Be proactive, show initiative at all times and have a firm but fair approach.
• Have experience working with children with ASD
• Have experience as a Teaching Assistant
• Have experience working with KS2 children
• Have the desire to work with children with SEN
The successful SEN Teaching Assistant will be offered:
• Supportive and friendly team to work with
• A friendly consultant on hand whenever needed
• An excellent referral scheme
• Excellent rates of pay in line with your experience from £60 to £75 per day
• Staff development programme
If you are interested in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, please apply with an up to date CV.