SEN Teaching Assistants
Rikama Education are currently working in closely with an excellent school in the Bexley area who are looking for several SEN Teaching Assistants to join their school. Within this role, your duties would include:
• Support students both inside and outside of the classroom with making positive choices, developing improved learning habits and adopting behaviours
• Pro-actively deal with behavioural issues, find solutions to problems and work as a strong member of the team with teaching staff and other colleagues who are all there to ensure reintegration success or promote the skills required to move successfully onto post-16 pathways.
• Act as a positive role model to motivate pupils, encourage involvement in learning tasks and model problem-solving skills
• Support children and young people in making the right decisions and developing improved personal strategies for managing and modifying their own behaviour
To be considered for this exciting role as a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will need the following experience:
• Working effectively with challenging and /or disaffected clients and being able to engage them positively
• Confidence in managing highly challenging behaviour and ever-changing situations without being shocked or surprised and with the ability to think on your feet
• Hold an up to date DBS
• NVQ Level 3 or 4
Rikama Education are working collaboratively with a school who supports students who have been permanently excluded. They provide an extremely high-quality level of education and behaviour intervention programmes for students that are either at risk of exclusion or excluded. This school focus is predominately learning however due to the diverse needs they try to work alongside parents, partners and carers to find solutions for behaviour barriers to secure the best outcome for their students.
If you are interested in applying to this SEN Teaching Assistant role, please click apply now below.